Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Short notes

I was expecting the Michael Jackson Memorial Service to be completely L.A. (false, crass, and smarmy) but somebody engineered a little taste into it. Still, I wished that someone had been caring for him better so that this did not have to happen. He was a gifted, odd and needy person, but the people around him only cared what he could do for them. Fifty concert performances from a guy in fragile health who was over 50...someone wanted him to go crazy or die trying...

Sarah Palin. Ah, so much has been written. What else can I say? Buh bye? Go away?

I pulled a gluteus medius muscle a few weeks ago weeding the garden, and it isn't healing as fast as I would like. We are having some of the best running outside weather, and I can only walk or use the extremely boring elliptical machine. What a pain in the ass.

Today is an important day--Twenty years ago, my husband and I tied the knot. I am not making a big deal out of it for some familial reasons, and also because I don't feel like I am old enough to have been married that long. It has been really a happy time. Dan is the best, and if I could clone him and hand him out to all my single friends, I would make them all happy too.

No comments: