Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is that Muscles I See?

Currently I am on Week 4 of a quest to work out 4-5 times a week, and finally I am starting to see results.

As of today's measurements and weigh in, I have lost .5 inches in waist and hips, and may or may not have lost 3 lbs. My scale has been really wacked lately, so it's hard to say. Scale o' pants says, back to pre-Christmas, but that really isn't something amazing to look at.

My arms are the first place to see the difference, as well as my back and shoulders. The Activtrax program I am using at the YMCA seems to really focus on those areas, and there's definition in the arms again. I may be able to go sleeveless with pride by the time spring rolls around. I am certainly wanting to be able to wear shorts again without shame by summer.

I am feeling stronger and more energetic, but I am also realizing that 5 days a week may not be prudent on a 40+ year old body on a constant basis, so I am going to work with 4 days a week and consider any extra days a bonus. I learned from the last time I ran a marathon that less can be more in the masters athlete, and rest days are as important as the work days. Still, I am impatient for results.

Not much else to report. All are well.

No comments: