Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog on a rigged keyboard

The Apple Store has the replacement parts, but wants my laptop for 3-5 days.  I will relinquish it this afternoon, but in the meantime, I found that the keyboard from my 2003 Mac will work as an extension.

The People's Four Seasons  had its press weekend and survived with good mentions.  We had a prop malfunction at a key part of one show, but we worked with it.  We had a cast get together after one of the shows, and I met the Quest superfan, Martie.  She was delightful, and the world needs more of her type. 

I have been on a real job hunt, but just to be perverse,  the universe is sending all sorts of voiceover bookings and commercial bookings my way, giving me a real person income for the past few months.  Hey, universe, I am grateful for that.  I don't mind that at all!

Yesterday, I judged a preliminary round of the 11th Annual Louder Than a Bomb Youth Poetry Festival, and that was so AWESOME!  There were four high school teams, and they competed individually and in a group round. This year, there are 72 teams in all.  Even in this preliminary round there were several jaw-droppingly good performances from some amazing young poets.  I am going to get more involved with Young Chicago Authors.  I may even approach our high school about starting a slam team.  It was electric, and when poetry makes you want to stand up and cheer, you know you have something amazing going on, something empowering for the performers and the audience.

Life is sweet.

No comments: