Saturday, May 31, 2008

Harvey Korman, Rest in Peace

I was saddened that Harvey Korman died this week.

You see, Harvey was my first crush. I even wrote him and told him so when I was six years old, but he never wrote back. Probably he got too many fan letters back then, and maybe he had an assistant that didn't think it was worth showing him a 1st grader's letter. I would like to think he would have answered if he had seen it. I was disappointed, but still thought he was the coolest guy on the Carol Burnett show anyway. Tim Conway was great too, but just a little too weird for me.

He was the ultimate comedic straight man, and you could see that he was a joy to work with--it came through on the show and in his movies. And he was a joy to watch, especially when he would crack up at something Tim or Carol or even Lyle were doing.

I will miss him.

No comments: