Monday, May 12, 2008

Update on Mr. Hit and Run

Today we went to court to potentially testify against Mr. Hit and Run who totaled our car and broke my ribs last summer on I90. The court time was 9:00am, which meant for us to get there and make sure we had plenty of lead time, we caught a 7:20am train. It was an early day for all of us, and the kids made it to school essentially on their own.

Mr. Hit and Run's lawyer told me earlier that Mr. Hit and Run was only going to plead guilty to an improper lane change, which makes no sense to me. We made sure to be there to make sure he didn't weasel out of anything, like leaving the scene of an accident, which could get him up to a year in jail.

Because we were there, he had to plead guilty to both counts, and he got probation, supervision, remedial driving classes, traffic school, and court costs and fines. His insurance company will be notified that he was guilty of both counts, and his insurance will go up or be canceled accordingly.

I am kind of glad that he didn't get jail time, he is just soft enough looking to have a terrible time there. And for me, it is really enough that he plead guilty and takes responsibility for his actions. It gives me closure, and now I can forgive him and be able to let it go.

No comments: