Friday, September 2, 2011

Bite size blogging

I am thinking of going to see Congressman Joe Walsh on Saturday morning at a republican event and "encourage" at him to think Jobs for Americans not Tax cuts for wealthy people. In addition, I would like to to let him know that obstructionism for party driven reasons is NOT "working for the people" and making embarrassing sound bites to 24 hour news about how cool he is he is disrespecting the president's jobs speech is the opposite of DOING HIS JOB. If I can let him know, by the by, I think that he is a loathsome hypocritical deadbeat dad and an embarrassment to humans in general, that would be swell. This is the sort of politician that needs to be confronted, because he is a fathead.

School has started again, and the world is once again full of possibility. September never stops feeling that way. We are all getting back to the school schedule, with its early mornings. If only I could also get the hang of early evenings.

About a month ago, I started the South Beach Diet at the suggestion of my OB GYN who said it would be great for my stubborn to lose middle age spread. It's healthy, and relies on non-processed foods and lots of fiber, with few to no empty carbs such as regular pasta, white rice, white bread, candy, etc. What do you know--it's actually working. Seven pounds down, ten to go. I am not perfect on it, but the first phase of the diet made me very aware of what was making the weight go on--sugar highs and lows brought on by insulin spikes from inferior foods. My blood sugar has evened out, and I am lacking cravings for high carb foods--most of the time.

I have been at my new job for about a month and a half, and I am excited that I am learning something every day, and there is little likelihood that it will be routine. This excites me. There are opportunities like crazy, and it's a company that is actually doing well even in this economy. It was a small company that is getting absorbed into a global company, and it is going through some growing pains. This seems to some people to be frustrating and full of problems, but I hope that they will also see that this also could be an opportunity to change things that aren't working while things are still flexible, malleable. It's very interesting, and stimulating as long as you don't get upset by negativity in the moment when something is not working.

It is late. I have an early morning tomorrow. Life is good. Ciao for now.

No comments: