Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Year Anniversary

August 17th last year, my mom passed away the day after being diagnosed with lung cancer.

I wasn't sure how I would react, yesterday. Turned out, I had a few moments, but mostly I hung in there and had a pretty good day.

I have a new job, and it wouldn't have been professional to moan and groan, and we were too busy anyway.

It helped that last weekend we went out and visited my Dad, and we managed to have a great time together traveling a little, going out to eat, taking the niece out to go shopping, and talking a lot. Sometimes, it really helps to remember and enjoy who you do have in this world.

We talked about Mom, and since we are on the same wavelength, could talk about her honestly and about how we talk to her from time to time and how that helps.

Missing my mom is like a pain in my chest I have learned how to ignore until I can deal with it. It's good to acknowledge it though. It will always be there.

I miss my mom a lot. I miss her every day.

No comments: