Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday Randomness

Here is a lovely article in the Alaska Dispatch about the crazy people at Teamsarah.org. I assure you that what she describes is what is going on in any given day. Look at the comments for more examples of craziness from the nutjobs who frequent Team Sarah. These people cannot be excoriated enough.

Yesterday I spent the day in wonderment at the Blagojevich arrest for trying to sell Obama's senate seat, and other pay to play charges. The excerpts from his being tapped amaze and delight me. He sounds like Tony Soprano, except way stupider! Why would a guy who KNOWS he has been under federal investigation since 2003 keep talking on the phone and in his office about his outrageous schemes? Was he really thinking he was so above the law? I think he will have to plead megalomania in his insanity trial.

Meanwhile, Illinois residents and the world kick back and amusedly watch the proceedings with a bowl of popcorn. It's audacious, and delicious!

I feel a lot better this week, but sometime while I was coughing last week I either strained a muscle or cracked a rib, and it is interfering with my getting on with things, like working out, or sleeping through the night.

The best part of Christmas decorating is my Christmas Tree. Putting it up is a chore, as is stringing the lights--but rediscovering the ornaments every year is a delight. My favorites include a construction paper snowman with pipecleaner legs made by my nephew, Kyle, when he was 4, and the colored macaroni on black construction paper that he must have also made that same year. I of course also love all the ones my kids made when they were little, with their school pictures prominently displayed in the middle. These are somewhat comical, because our school has the worst photographer in the world. Each year, the kids have expressions as if they have been goosed or asked to smell a skunk, or that they have just arrived to the photo session from a wind tunnel.

No comments: