Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Blog

Wow, this blog, with all its names, will soon be one year old! Happy Birthday, Blog!

I am pleased that I did keep up with my resolution to write at least one blog a week in article or essay format. This year, I resolve to write 2 blogs a week of some content, and to get out of my comfort zone and attempt writing plays and sketches again. I lack confidence, but if I don't do it, I can't improve. So there.

Other resolutions include the perennial losing weight (though I actually lost a few lbs. DURING the Christmas season, which is amazing) run another marathon, get back on stage in at least 3 shows, being a better and more giving person and knitter, and avoid crazy people. Which means among other things--no more spying on the crazy haters at TeamSarah.org.

Crazy people don't change. Observing or talking to them is a profound exercise in frustration. The main reason I did not pursue a masters in psychology after my bachelors is because there is no sound, scientific way to reason with or at least soundly and satisfyingly throttle an insane person into mental health. Crazy people without medical issues must be left be to crazy until they want to change and can take responsibility for it. It is an unfortunate part of my make up that I can't listen to people drone on about their problems or uninformed world views without offering many common sense solutions or finally telling them that they are f*king stupid idiots and why, and how they should just stop it right now.

I resolve to stop listening at once to anyone who uses the phrase, "drinking the Koolaid" because it is stupid, trite and generally overused by right wing nutjobs. This means a continued avoidance of Fox News. This is my easiest resolution.

Things I would like to see in 2009;

* An excellent start and progression of the Obama Administration
* My friends and family having a much better year that 2008 which, in general, has been a real bastard hellhole of a year.
* Environmental awareness and action becoming a real priority as a world, not just a nice thing to think about, hopefully while we can still do something before a disasterous collapse of the ecosystem.
* World Peace

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: