Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Wednesday Random

Yep, it's time for another Wednesday Random, since I am not satisfied with any of the essays I am constructing. I promised myself to be consistently posting, and I keep my promises.

•I hate to sound like I take sides,(snork, um yeah) but the difference between Obama and the GOP's "wonderkind" Bobby Jindal last night was pretty stark. Obama did what he needed to do, which was inspire the country while reminding us that it is going to take a new responsibility and some sacrifice. Jindal was dead-eyed and sing-songy reading the teleprompter (he should really take more lessons on how not to do that) basically saying that "government is bad, and I got folksy stories."

•And alright, I'll admit it. I peeked in last night on my favorite right wing nut web site, Teamsarah.org. The site has been pretty quiet except for the most extreme misspelling ALL CAPS typers. "Sarah Palin is our Esther" worship has been pretty muted lately, but there are still lots of tirades about Obama the Hitler and Obama the Antichrist. Some people are STILL writing daily about Obama's birth certificate, and William Ayers. Also, the latest boycott is Kohls because Ashley Judd is a spokesperson for their makeup line, and she said something mean about Sarah Palin's approval of hunting wolves from helicopters. Last night, even the most rabid right winger was only charitable towards Jindal. It could be because of his skin color though. They don't like dark people on TeamSarah.

•I start a new job tomorrow! I am excited about it, but also apprehensive. I haven't been a full time employee of someone else for many years. However, I worry about is still having quality time with my boys, which has been my main priority since I became the at-home parent so many years ago. They are pretty big now, though, so I can't really say they need me here all the time. This time I probably won't feel the crushing Mommy Guilt I felt when I was working full time when my oldest was a baby.

•On the personal front, all is calm, except my face. I am splurging on a fraxel laser resurfacing of areas of my face that have been marred with acne scars and melasma. Frivolous, maybe, but I am hoping for an excellent result. I did the first session of 3 on Monday, and today I look like I am in the throes of healing from a sunburn. In a few days I will see if there is some improvement already as I heal.

No comments: