Sunday, February 1, 2009

A little party was had

The funny thing about this little blog is that people who read it call me up and talk about it instead of leaving a little comment. Good thing I don't have an ego...snork.

Anyway, I got to go out last night with some of my fellow speech coaches after a long tournament day and a long meeting afterwards to decide the last few entries on our regional team. I had a very fun time. I went off my usual beer-only rule and tried a shot of a delicious drink I think I will order more often--the Dirty Girl Scout. It is made with creme de menthe, coffee liquor, chocolate liquor and vodka. Delicious, just like a thin mint. Dangerous! I also got buffalo wings, which happens about twice a year. As usual, everyone else could comparatively drink me under the table, so I saw lots of other intiguing foo foo drinks as well. Most of the other coaches are female, and this is not my usual drinking crowd. Usually if I go out it is with improvisers, who are usually male and ordering PBRs. ( I haven't improvised for almost a year, so now you know how long it has been since I have been out.)

We stayed out talking long enough that I didn't have to fear for my sobriety, which meant hours of talking. I don't drive unless I feel 100% fine. The talking and laughing was the best part.

Today I feel a little more human, a little happier, and a little more optimistic. I had a little party. I may get through the winter yet.

No comments: