Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random Stuff, it's a come down week

I spent most of last week in an extremely good mood.

Not only did Obama win, which made me smile goofily or tear up from time to time for days, but I also had a kick a$$ print job on voting day that makes me less of a financial drag than usual.

I also have spent the past week coming down from my election obsession. I don't have to be on the computer or have the TV on, and I seem to be able to get more done now.

My speech team started off the season well, and it was fun to see some of the kids break into finals and not be the first ones off the awards stage in 6th place or even 5th place.

Of course, I have peeked in to spy on the crazy ant farm at teamsarah.org, and they are angry and fearful and whiny and making up atrocious things to scare themselves. Obama has declared that he is king! Obama will force everyone to have an abortion! The financial situation is all his doing! He is STILL a muslim and will kill us all in our beds! Boycott Fox News they said something mean about Sarah! The conversation really didn't change, but now it bores me pretty fast. They are floundering, and most of them are not very bright. Still, I hope somebody besides me is keeping an eye on them. Crazy people for sure.

All is peaceful here. Sunny the cockatiel is perched on my shoulder with his head tucked under his wing. If he didn't poop so much, he would be welcome there all the time.

Now Neffy the cat has decided to perch on the back of the chair and Sunny awoke and started huffing at her. Neffy is not impressed or interested.

The kids are doing their homework, and when they are done we will have dinner and go work out at the Y.

I made pumpkin pies from scratch yesterday, and it was actually better than the pie one gets is stores. More work, but a better, fresher tasting pie.


Life is good. Breathe deep.


.

No comments: