Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What other stuff I do...

For the past month, I have been hyperventilating about the election, and now I am successfully able to move on with my thoughts. Since I have never exposed much of my non-blog life on this blog, I thought I would do some of that today.

Here is a trailer for a low budget indy feature length film that I am in. It premiered at the Black Harvest Film Festival in Chicago 2008.


The film is called, "The Opposite of Life." It was written and directed by David Muhammad. The theme involves several couples dealing with unplanned pregnancies and the decisions they make. I play a really far-right conservative mom whose daughter has been raped and is pregnant. Just to add insult to injury, she finds out her daughter's boyfriend is, horror of horrors, black. Only one scene, but it is not a good day for this character. And part of it is in this trailer! John Vinopal, my indy film husband in several short films, is my intolerant husband. Good times. I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard it came out pretty well for a low budget feature.

I can't get the Modern Woodman commercial I did to load, so here is the link to their site:

http://www.modern-woodmen.org/The%20Card%20-%20Corporate.wvx


I am not as fat as I look like in this commercial, at least, not any more. It was filmed in March, actually. It was a hard winter. I am thinner now and I dress better, honest.

Other stuff I have been involved in for the past month but have no pictures of include doing a web/auto show promotion for GMC/Chrysler/Pontiac, and a brochure for GE Healthcare. I also did a comedic short with Kilamajaro Films. You can also look at my young friends at www.lookatrubbish.com and I am in several of their shorts, with varying degrees of success.

And let's not forget the knitting. I am going nuts for knitting lately. Here is my favorite thing so far:

It's an alien scarf, nearly invisible straight on, visible from the side.

So that gives you an idea of what else I have been doing while obsessing about the election and the economy.

You're welcome.

No comments: